Friday, June 22, 2012

High Five for Friday

It's Friday again and time to post the five favorite things since last Friday. I'm linking up with Lauren @ From My Grey Desk.



1. Midsummer

It's not much celebrated elsewhere, I guess, but in Finland it's a big deal. It's always on the closest weekend to June 23rd and Friday is always a national holiday. Most Finns take off for a long weekend at their summer cottages to grill, chill and have a good time. So did my husband and I. We came to my in-law's summer place on Thursday. The weather has been a dream and we have had such a wonderful time relaxing and not caring what time it is. I love this place and how relaxed it makes me feel!

2. Euro 2012





Yes, I'm a sports spectator. Learnt it on my father's knee. And later on my hubby's side. I've been thrilled to watch some football (or soccer to my American friends) and root for my favorites. Now towards the end of two (out of three) the excitement is getting higher and higher!

3. My new maxi

I sewed the skirt I showed the fabric in my last Hive Five for Friday post and it turned out really really well! I've already worn it once to a birthday party and loved wearing it. I will make a post of its own about the skirt when I get round taking photos of it. After Monday, the weather wasn't really skirt-friendly, but now that it's been better again maybe I could make my hubby take some photos :)


4. Tan?

As we don't have a yard of our own at home and the weather has been fine, I've really enjoyed sunbathing here at the summer place today, hoping to catch a little tan, so I could feel a little more summer. I've had such a relaxing time lying on the yard, sunbathing and reading.

5. Son of Hamas



And what I've been reading is truly a remarkable and inspiring book. Mosab Hassan Yousef is the oldest son of Sheikh Hassan Yousef, one of the founders of Hamas. If you want to hear from someone, who has seen both sides of the story, I strongly recommend this book. One of the best reads of my life.

4 comments:

  1. Midsummer sounds so nice! I wish we had that here in the US!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great weekend :) It would be fun, if you had it as well. But you have lots of other things we don't have, like Memorial Day weekend, 4th of July etc.

      Delete
  2. I agree with the above commenter. America needs to get on the whole midsummer thing. Sounds like a dream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to start campaigning for that :)

      Delete