Friday, September 7, 2012

High five for Friday



I know, I know, I've been gone a long time... But what better way to get back in the swing of blog things than with a link-up post? As I've told before, Lauren from From My Grey Desk hosts a link-up called High Five for Friday at the end of each work week to help us remind ourselves of the nice things that have happened each week. So I'm linking up with her and telling about my week.

1. Zumba




The town I work for as a teacher offers exercise possibilities for the employees. I enrolled to a Zumba class and it started this Monday. It's a lot of fun and I'm really glad I made it into the fifty people who get to take part!

2. Birthday




I turned 28 on Wednesday. For me, birthdays are always a lot of fun. I don't stress about my age, I feel it's more than a number, it's the attitude that counts. So I had a very pleasant day, both at work and in the evening celebrating with my amazing husband, who is the greatest gift God has ever given me beside Himself. We went out to a nice little Italian place and had some amazing pizza for dinner. I had a very nice time on my birthday.

3. Bible study



My husband and I have a new Bible study group after being without one for over a year because of various reasons. We have really missed being in a group like that, so both of us are thrilled that we're back having regular fellowship time with other Christians.

4. Candles



The evenings are getting darker here, so it's a good enough reason for me to start lighting candles when the sun goes down. I love the soft light candles create and it's one the things I most love about fall.

5.  Back into knitting



Another good thing about fall is that you start needing woolen things sooner or later. So needles and yarn have made it back into my evenings and even break times at school. Currently I'm making socks and a headband to arm myself against the cold and wind of the coming season.

4 comments:

  1. Fun to read about your life. Happy Birthday! (you must have put the wrong age down?... just wondering!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And you are so right, I mistyped my age! Possibly I have an underlying age crisis after all? ;) I'm now 28, not 20... I correct that right away in the post.

      Delete
  2. love that you're doing a bible study again! so fun and important!

    new follower :)

    Have a great day! Drop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too, like you said it's so important and refreshing too!

      Thanks for being a follower, I'm going to go check out your blog right now!

      Have a wonderful day!

      Delete