Monday, September 10, 2012

Zigzag Cowl: Part 1

Fall makes one inspired about woolen things. So like I said in my last post, I've taken up knitting again. Which is a very good thing, my blog being The Knitting Baker. I finished my headband that I started last Tuesday. It needs blocking though, it curls up big time. (Photos hopefully to come.) I wanted to make the headband a part of a set and I came across a neat looking cowl pattern in a magazine so I cast on. In order to make it match with my headband, I use partly the same yarn, a dark brown one. Other ones that I plan to use are sort of beige/undyed (the dark brown and beige are both 7 veljestä) and a reddish color (Nalle, all three yarns by Novita). In Finnish I would call call it vispipuuronpunainen which means 'the red of whipped lingonberry porridge' (which I now started craving after googling photos and English recipes of it... maybe you'll get a post of its own about that later...) Anyway, I have a photo for you (taken with my cell) that show the chosen colors and a part of the pattern so you'll see what it's supposed to look like once finished. My yarn and needles are thinner than the one used in the pattern so I made one repeat more than instructed. I think I'll also make stripes with various widths. We'll see how it works out in the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment