Friday, October 26, 2012

High Five for Friday




Time for another High Five for Friday! I missed last week, but now I'm back on track! This post idea is from Lauren @ From My Grey Desk.

1. Brownies

My, were these yummy!


2. Sunset

Driving back home from Zumba class on Monday. Had to stop to take this photo.

3. Trying out a new recipe

It's always exciting and fun to try out new recipes!
This is the site photo for the banana cake that's in the oven right now.

4. Flowers

I'm happy I've managed to keep these lovely flowers alive for several weeks already!
Not the be taken for granted in my care.

5. First snow today



This is in the afternoon already, there was even more snow in the morning.




How was your week?

6 comments:

  1. that banana cake looks amazing! #h54f

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll let you know how it tastes too! The recipe is in Finnish but I'm aiming to make a post out of it and translate the recipe in English and imperial measurements.

      Delete
  2. the sunset and snow are beautiful. you live in an amazing place!

    -annalizbeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was pretty excited about the snow :) But the forecast says it melts next week and goes back to raining, which it has been doing for two months now... I guess first snow rarely lasts, but I'd like it to stick around. It's so much lighter here because of it.

      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  3. that banana cake looks delicious!

    and I can't believe you've got snow already. I'm not ready for snow yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this is Finland :) It's not an uncommon time for first snow, but like I said to annalzbeth, it rarely lasts. Who knows when it comes to last. Here this time of year until Christmas is REALLY dark without snow, so I think most people want at least some because it reduces the darkness.

      I liked how the banana cake tasted too. I remembered to take a photo before starting the cake, so there will be a post and a recipe coming.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete